Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh, hello there virus.

And not the computer kind.  Those are easier to deal with.

I woke up this morning feeling like death warmed over.  I think I'm coming down with a flu-like virus.  This happens to me probably once every couple of months.

And of course since I work part time, I have no sick days.  I can't just stay home and try to get over it.  I still need to get myself showered, dressed and to work.  Then I need to work for 5 hours.  Then I need to come home and try not to crash again like I did yesterday.

I wonder if my extreme hunger and over-eating was a sign of this coming.  I've heard that if you're sick, your body demands extra food to deal with the illness.  Or maybe I'm just a weak person.  Who knows?  All I know is I stepped on the scale this morning and I'd gained a pound and a half.  UGH.

I hate this.  I hate feeling like a failure. I hate the fact that despite my best efforts I always end up feeling like a slave to the regimen but without the regimen, nothing changes except my weight going up.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment