Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, January 24, 2011

Daily Post - Jan 24 2011

Weight –381.6 Creeping ever downward
Mood –Annoyed that it's Monday, burned out from work, worried about hubby's back.
Pain Level -Surprisingly not high today.  Woke up around a 5 but that was due to soreness possibly from doing yoga yesterday. 

Breakfast 
Silk Soy Milk - Light Chocolate, 1.5 cup
Slim Fast 3-2-1 - Milk Chocolate Powder, 1 scoop
Red Grapes - Red Seedless Grapes, 1 cup (151g) 

Snack1
Slim Fast - 3-2-1 Double-Dutch Chocolate Snack Bar, 1 Bar 

Lunch
Slim Fast 3 2 1 - Chocolate Peanut Caramel Meal Bar, 1 bar
Red Grapes - Red Seedless Grapes, 1 cup (151g) 

Snack2
Quaker True Delights - Cafe Squares Raspberry Mocha With Chocolatey Drizzle, 1 bar

Dinner
Chicken Fajita in Crock pot, 2 serving(s)
Meijer - Soft Taco Size Flour Tortilla, 2 Tortilla
Aldi Foods - Happy Farms Finely Shredded Mexican Style Four Cheese, 1/4 cup 

Dessert
Dole - Fruit Crisp - Apple Cinnamon, 1 container 

Drinks -3 liters of water, 2 with crystal-light faux tea and 1 with wal-mart-brand crystal-light knockoff (grape flavor) drink mix stick.

Exercise -10 minutes of standing yoga poses.  Started tinkering with a sitting/laying program for about 5 minutes that I hope to incorporate over the next week or so.

Vitamin taken?  *sigh* Not yet.  Will take soon.

Meds taken? Yes.  But still no BP or muscle relaxer.

This diet stuff is hard work.  Temptation has been high today.  Been worried about hubby's back (he's still having pain and spasms.  I told him to take a day off and rest, it's not like he couldn't have gotten a sub and it's not like he doesn't have time off allotted so does he listen to me? Noooo.. He has to be a typical male and soldier on anyway...*sigh*) Work has had me a bit stressed (what new?) and I still haven't had time to get my nails done.  Bleh. 

Tonight's dinner was crockpot fajitas (Yet another link from the awesome blog "A Year of Slow Cooking") and instead of using beef I used 1.5 pounds of chicken and 1/2 of each of a red, orange, and yellow bell pepper that I'd had from previous weeks and had cut into strips and put in a freezer bag and had in the freezer.  I also added 1/2 of a red onion (I dislike white and yellow onions), and I used chicken broth instead of water.  I made my own seasoning mix from paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper.  I refuse to use pre-made seasoning mixes because they are WAY too high in sodium. I have a really awesome spice cabinet with LOTS of spices and I make my own salt-free blends.  If you're not like me and can handle some heat, throw in some hotter spices like Cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper.  Me? I can barely handle mild salsa, so I'll pass.

The biggest problem with making crockpot fajitas is that you almost always end up with too much liquid.  To solve this little problem, I cleaned up my wok (which is kind of my all-purpose sautee and frying pan since we don't have many pans) and dumped the contents of the crock into the pan and simmered it on high heat until all the liquid cooked away.  It was a bit more work, but it was better than wasting food.  I measured 1/4th cup of cheese and used two of the soft-taco sized tortillas (too small!) but even after that I'm still hungry.  This is annoying.  I haven't actually eaten today's dessert yet and I'm considering eating it after I make this post.  Hopefully that and more water will shut my stomach up.

I'm liking the yoga app I have on my iPhone, though I had some issues with getting my own music to play on it.  I think I'm going to do a bit more tweaking with the programs I'm making but I think by next Monday I should have a good routine going.  My hope is that by the end of February, I'll be doing 10 minutes in the morning and 15-20 minutes in the evening.  Standing poses in the morning to get the blood flowing and sitting/laying poses in the evening to calm my butt down.  Though I need to remember that when I'm doing the evening routine I need to find a way to occupy Ranger so he doesn't sit on my iphone and block my view of the pose routine.  (goofy dog.)

Tomorrow is my typical Tuesday day off of work.  I WILL get my nails done tomorrow dangit!

No comments:

Post a Comment