Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Daily Post - Jan 23 2011

Weight –382.2 Whoo! Progress

Mood –Worried mostly.  See day description for more details

Pain Level -started okay at a 4, stayed there most of the day except for a slight spike to a 6 when making Dinner.  It's slowly coming back down.

Breakfast
Del Monte - Mandarin Orange Slices in Light Syrup, 1 container
Slim Fast 3-2-1 - Milk Chocolate Powder, 1 scoop
Silk Soy Milk - Light Chocolate, 1.5 cup 

Snack1 -
Del Monte - Mandarin Orange Slices In Light Syrup, 1 container 

Lunch -
Slim Fast 3 2 1 - Chocolate Peanut Caramel Meal Bar, 1 bar
Red Grapes - Red Seedless Grapes, 1 cup (151g)

Snack2 -
Slim Fast - 3-2-1 Double-Dutch Chocolate Snack Bar, 1 Bar
 
Dinner -
Shepherd's Pie, 3 serving(s) (*insert sigh of frustration here*)

Dessert – None today since I ate way too much at Dinner
 
Drinks -2 liters of crystal lite faux tea

Exercise -7 minutes of yoga (standing stretch poses only), 90 minutes of walking around while I was doing grocery shopping.  (That counts doesn't it?)

Vitamin taken? Damnit.  I guess I'll go take it once I'm done with this post.

Meds taken? Yes, except for the ones I haven't gotten yet (BP refill and muscle relaxer)

Today was a stressful day.  Got up earlier than yesterday but by the time I was up and trying to move, my husband had somehow wrenched his back and was dealing with a muscle strain.  He's been laying down on the couch all day since due to pain.  Seeing as how I've got Fibro, I'm not going to bitch.  He's getting a taste of what I deal with every goddamn day.  I've been worried though, since a lot of the time it seems that my husband (who is usually in very good health) never has anything wrong so I'm not used to playing nursemaid and I tend to over-fuss.  I'm a worry-wart.  I come by it naturally.

I used my new yoga app to make a 20 minute program and tried to do it.  I got 7 minutes in and my body went "OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH WOMAN."  Was a little disappointed in myself and mentioned as much on FB but my friends were quick to point out that starting slow isn't exactly a bad idea given my health.

I have since tweaked the program down to a 10-minute standing routine designed to get me awake and moving in the morning.  I'll be creating a sitting/laying routine that's about the same length for the evening.

Then there was grocery shopping to be done.  90 minutes of wandering around the store making sure I got everything I needed and didn't over spend.  I consider that exercise.

I was going to get my nails done today since I have a gift-certificate from one of my managers for one of the local nail salons, but with hubby in pain and an 80 pound bundle of black fur and energy left with him, I decided it's probably better to do it another day.  I'll likely go in on Tuesday since it's my day off.

I got home and started dinner.  Shepherds pie which is pretty simple.  Ground Angus beef (which I got as part of a 5 for 19.95 mix/match deal at County Market) with some frozen veggies, (a mix of carrots, green beans, red pepper, and broccoli) tossed in.  Then I mixed in a can of no-salt-added tomato paste from Meijer, some dehydrated onion, paprkia, garlic, black pepper, and dill and let it all mix and heat until the veggies were tender and the meat cooked through.  I then spread the meat/veg mixture into a 9X13 pan, topped it with 1/2C of shredded cheese (I used up the pizza blend we had and used a bit of a Mexican blend. It was a 1/2C all together.) and spread some prepared instant mashed potatoes on top (Roasted Garlic flavor from Aldi)

Then I popped that into a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes until the potatoes on top were browned and formed a slight crust.

It was very yummy, but one of the higher calorie dishes I make.  It was strictly put up as comfort food for the weekend since I'd had a stressful week overall.  I was really hungry though, and I ate too much. I should have stopped at 2 pieces.  As a consequence, I decided to forgo dessert.  (Another one of those Dole Fruit Crisp things.  Those are GOOD.)

I'm in the process of getting things around for tomorrow.  I've already set out my clothes and will pack my lunch and snacks that I take to work.  I will need to get up early enough to set up the crockpot fajitas, try to do the Yoga thing, and then shower & dress for work. 

Going to try to go to bed semi-early.  I should at least be in bed by 10pm.  We'll see how well this goes.  I need to make sure the husbandly one is all right in the bed before I'll be able to sleep.

Goodnight Interwebs.

1 comment:

  1. Rock on. :) GREAT job getting down 17 pounds. That's spectacular. :) Especially since I know how challenging it is for you to get activity in to help things along. Proud of you. :)

    There's some things that could be adjusted on food which may help. HOWEVER, you are making progress. I'm of the school which says thou shalt knock about people making progress.

    Only other suggestion would be consider fish oil caps if they can work into your budget. So long as you don't have clotting disorders, they won't hurt AND in most cases they help. The standard American diet is way off in terms of essential fatty acids (EFAs). It also has a positive impact on inflammation, and some research shows benefit for fibro patients over time. It's the only "supplement" I recommend standard.

    Also thanks for the Crock pot links. I've got a new one and need to come up with things to play with. :)

    ReplyDelete