Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, January 21, 2011

Intro Post 4 of 4 - Why I created this blog and rambled at you thus far.

I decided I needed to do something.  Say something.  I needed to bring to light the reality that not everyone who is overweight or obese sits around on their fat butts stuffing junk food in their mouths repeatedly.  I know there are people out there who do these things.  (My ex-husband was one of them) I, however, am not one of them.  I'm dealing with real issues and a real life and trying to figure out how to get this weight off without killing myself or injuring myself, or developing an eating disorder in the process. 

I need to be accountable about what I do eat.  I need to record dinner recipes that worked and ones that flopped.  I need to talk about research into low-impact exercise that I can try to do and that won't leave me so poor that we end up homeless. 

I need to talk about my issues with the whole obsession with the stupid number on the scale and why I always feel like I'm disgusting and not attractive at all when I have a husband and a dog who love me.  I need to come to terms that I spent my formative years with a then-undefined eating disorder, which to this day is still undefined.  It's like I was anorexic during the day but bulimic at night without the puking.

I need to change this love-hate relationship I have with myself and my body.

It's a Big Fat Freaking Deal.

So each day I'll post about things happening to me, what I ate, how I'm feeling, and only weekly, I will post my weight.

People are free to read, join, encourage, or share things that may be helpful.  Jerks will be given the boot.  This is my life and my story and I have no room for trolls.  I will share recipes that I'm making that I think are helpful to those who may be struggling similarly to me and remedies that I come up with to deal with the pain.

I will also rant from time to time about the dieting industry and why I think some of it is evil.

But mostly, I will just be myself.  If you can deal with that, then welcome.  Otherwise, don't let the back button hit you in the butt on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment